By Vishal Mangalwadi
Understand the place we got here from.
Whether you are an avid scholar of the Bible or a skeptic of its relevance, The publication That Made Your World will rework your conception of its impression on nearly each side of Western civilization.
Indian thinker Vishal Mangalwadi finds the non-public motivation that fueled his personal learn of the Bible and systematically illustrates how its precepts grew to become the framework for societal constitution through the final millennium. From politics and technology, to academia and expertise, the Bible's sacred reproduction grew to become the major that unlocked the Western mind.
Through Mangalwadi's wide-ranging and engaging research, you will discover:
- What caused the West's ardour for clinical, clinical, and technological advancement
- How the biblical proposal of human dignity informs the West's social constitution and the way it intersects with different worldviews
- How the Bible created a fertile floor for girls to discover social and monetary empowerment
- How the Bible has uniquely outfitted the West to domesticate compassion, human rights, prosperity, and robust families
- The position of the Bible within the transformation of education
- How the fashionable literary inspiration of a hero has been formed via the Bible's archetypal protagonist
Journey with Mangalwadi as he examines the origins of a civilization's greatness and the faulty ideals that threaten to solve its growth. Learn how the Bible remodeled the social, political, and spiritual associations that experience sustained Western tradition for the prior millennium, and observe how secular corruption endangers the steadiness and durability of Western civilization.
“This is an exceptionally major piece of labor with large worldwide implications. Vishal brings a well timed message.” (Ravi Zacharias, writer, strolling from East to West and past Opinion)
“In well mannered society, the mere point out of the Bible frequently introduces a definite degree of tension. a significant dialogue at the Bible can convey outright contempt. as a result, it really is so much fresh to come across this enticing and knowledgeable evaluation of the Bible’s profound influence at the glossy global. the place Bloom laments the last of the yank brain, Mangalwadi brings a clean optimism.” (Stanley Mattson, founder and president, C. S. Lewis Foundation)
“Vishal Mangalwadi recounts historical past in very huge strokes, regularly utilizing his cross-cultural views for highlighting the numerous merits of biblical rules in shaping civilization.” (George Marsden, professor, collage of Notre Dame; writer, Fundamentalism and American Culture)