By Mark L. Van Name
1. Rave studies for Mark L. Van identify:
· “Van identify has created a hero worthy no less than a dozen extra novels . . . i would like this to be a chain. i would like to learn a brand new one each year.” —Orson Scott Card
· “One leap Ahead is like well-aged white lightning: it is going down gentle then provides a kick that knocks you at the floor.” —John Ringo
· “Hard real technology easily mixed into motion that blazes like a pinball from one unique atmosphere to another. This one is especially, very good.” —David Drake
· “Mark Van Name’s headlong speed of story-telling jogs my memory loads of Keith Laumer. . . . He’s one of many only a few sleek authors i have obvious who can deal with that.” —Eric Flint
2. Van identify goes to be the subsequent famous person in army technology fiction, and should allure enthusiastic reader cognizance with this novel that would attract readers of other Baen superstars, corresponding to David Drake, John Ringo, and David Weber.
3. advertisements in Locus, more.
Slanted Jack: a singular that bobs and weaves, takes you on a headlong race via an odd yet plausible destiny, and not slows down.
The activity appears easy enough: Jon Moore, the nanotech-enhanced, world-weary, soldier of fortune, has the same opinion to assist a con guy, a pal from part of his earlier he’d fairly disregard, defend a really particular younger boy. The deal doesn’t remain basic, as every one flow Jon and Lobo make leads to extra chance and extra enemies. the placement grows much more complex whilst a stunning girl with an doubtful schedule joins them of their quest.
The most sensible con guy Jon’s ever identified, a ruthless gang boss, a seriously armed staff of non secular enthusiasts, and an interstellar executive out to scrub up a perilous frontier global rush jointly towards an explosive climax—and Jon and Lobo are stuck within the heart.
Slanted Jack: the second one novel within the Jon & Lobo sequence.